AIM: Establish whether urban streetstyle can be refined and be made flexible. HYPOTHESIS: Urban streetstyle can in fact be refined and as a result allows the wearer more flexibility in styling his/her look.
- Classic urban-styles T-shirt > Adidas
- Hybrid black trousers > H&M The Spring Icons Collection
- VS Pace Shoes > Adidas Neo
- Black denim jacket > Mr Price
- Black dome-styled cap > Mr Price
- Black leather strapped wrist watch > Hallmark (Truworths)
- Frames > Blogger’s own
- Photography > MOTOGRAPHY
METHOD: I won’t give you a full step-by-step of how I styled my look, but here are few tips on how to refine your look
- Get a T-shirt in a size that’s proportionate to your torso. T-shirts that extend to as low as your mid-thigh do nothing for your height (no matter how tall or short you are). For my vertically challenged gents, make sure the T is either hemmed or tucked in. This helps balance out your proportions
- My personal tip is to stay clear of ripped/distressed denim, especially if you’re looking to maximise the versatility of your look
- Do not over-accessorise, but rather let the accessories be nuances to carry your entire look from day to night
OBSERVATIONS: You’ll pretty much see the results for yourself!! CONCLUSION: With the correct fundamental pieces and the appropriate accessories, urban style (and pretty much any style) can be refined and as a result demonstrate flexibility in one’s appearance.
I hope you enjoyed our little experiment. If you’d like to challenge anything said above, please do so under the ‘Share Your Piece’ option or comment below.
PS- I know I promised to keep the articles short. I’m quite temperamental when it comes to style so if need be, I might just end up writing a book about it.
Thank you for Reading! Stay Stylish!